Introducing Evnex: Our approved EV home charging partner.
Evnex is a Christchurch-based company partnering with Volkswagen NZ as an approved home charging solution. The team at Evnex has worked hard to design, build, and install smart EV chargers that are both affordable for customers and better for the planet. They are renowned for being fast, intelligent, and reliable, and they can service customers located nationwide with certified installers around New Zealand.
The Evnex Product Range
Evnex currently offers 2 smart home EV chargers suitable for charging the Volkswagen ID.4 and ID.5
A 7.4kW single-phase charger:
- It takes approx. 7.5 hours to charge a Volkswagen ID.4 or ID.5 with a 77kWh battery from 20%–80%.
- It is the most common choice as most homes are single-phase.
- The starting price is $2,295 (incl. GST) and installation. It is subject to site assessment and proximity to an Evnex service centre. The standard install price covers a charge point that is installed within 3m of the customer’s distribution board.
A 22kW three-phase charger:
- It takes approx. 5 hours to charge a Volkswagen ID.4 or ID.5 with a 77kWh battery from 20% to 80%.
- It is suitable for three-phase homes only.
- The starting price is $2,995 (incl. GST) and installation. It is subject to site assessment and proximity to an Evnex service centre. The standard install price covers a charge point that is installed within 3m of the customer’s distribution board.
- Note that the ID.4 and ID.5 can accept a maximum AC charge of 11kW.
Both of the above options are available in either Grey (indoor and outdoor) or White (indoor only). They are available as either Tethered (comes with a 5m long type 2 charging cable attached) or with a Universal Socket (does not come with a charging cable).
The Evnex Smartphone App
Evnex provides an intuitive smartphone app. In conjunction with an Evnex smart home EV charger, the app allows customers to:
- Start and stop a charging session.
- Set a charging schedule.
- Optimise the charging schedule by matching it to their own fully customizable pricing schedule.
- Track EV charging costs.
- Adjust their charging rate in real-time to avoid overloading their home’s electrical supply.
- Harness any solar power that they generate (if applicable) to charge their EV.
- Carbon monitoring, allowing you to see the source of your energy generation mix such as solar, wind, hydro, geothermal